Rules and Instructions
"The Name of the Game is Family FUN!!"
- Fasten safety belts
- Stay in machine at all times unless directed by referee to leave machine.
- Do not use hands to retrieve the ball except when the ball falls into your car.
- No play is allowed on the court, unless operating the cars.
- After each score, the ball is turned over to the opposing team.
- If a new ball is required, the referee will throw it onto the court to the team who last touched it.
- Delay of game penalty: there is a one point penalty if anyone on the team that has just scored touches the ball.
- Technical: two point penalty for harassment to the referee the first time. Four points the second, and so on.
- Turnover: when your team has a player in the key while your team has control of the ball, the shot clock starts counting down. You have five seconds to clear the key or turn over the ball. As long as your team has control the count continues.
- Turnover: A player must pass within 20 seconds or turn over the ball.
- Turnover: A team must shoot within 30 seconds or turn over the ball.
- A league team must have at least four players to play league game. If not, they must forfeit.
- All league substitutes must be turned in and approved at the start of the league on your registration sheet. No other alternates will be allowed to sub for regular players unless approved by management one week in advance.
There are two ways to acquire points. One is by making the shot which is good for two points. The second is by acquiring penalty points assessed against the opposing team. ( in all cases, penalty points are awarded to the team not guilty of committing the penalty. Play does not stop.
- Four point penalty for collisions with excessive speed. The penalty goes against the person most responsible for the collision. Referee judgment call.
- Four point penalty for pushing off with feet or hands against an opponent's
- Two point penalty for contact with scoop to opponent's body.
- Two point penalty for touching the ball with your hands unless it goes inside your scoop and is stuck there; or unless it goes down inside your Whirlybug.
- Two point penalty for goal tending. Raising up in your seat to block a shot, so as to be off your seat. You must keep your seat belt snug.
- Two point penalty for hitting opponent's scoop.
- Two point penalty for trying to free up the ball when it has been covered by opponent's scoop on the floor or against the side of his or her Whirlybug.
The referee is located in an elevated booth and will keep score and call penalties. His or her word is final. Head on collisions and direct collisions from behind are determined by a judgment call from the referee as to who is more responsible for its occurrence. The referee will also make a determination as to which team last touched the ball, should a new ball be needed.